Friday, February 22, 2008

Teri is back in Iowa - HEY!!

Keith and Teri Bretey who use to live in Rock Valley moved to Springfield, MN 10 years ago. This past Friday they moved back to Ia and now live in Lemars, IA. Springfield was 2 1/2 hours away and now Lemars is only 40 minutes - YEAH. We have stayed very close friends and would meet in Worthington, MN which was 1/2 way for each of us at least every 2 to 3 months. Marcie(my painting partner) and myself painted for them on Monday and Tuesday this week - we trimmed in everything and Keith and Teri rolled. Was great fun and a really good workout for me - up and down that ladder 2 days straight for 7-8 hour days. On Wednesday Mike and I are youth leaders at our church and we had a fundraiser with a talent show and huge supper - I was in charge of the supper - at church by 8:30 am and got home again at midnight. I woke up on Thursday and felt like a train had hit me - my legs and behind were so sore I had a hard time walking at first - I came to terms that I am getting older and can't keep up that pace I use to be able to do. I painted a little on Thur and Today(Friday) and now am relaxing a bit. We have the big School auction tonight at the Christian School here in town - but I am not in charge of anything there so I am going to go and sit and enjoy - hope you all have a great weekend. Mike is in the Black Hills snowmobiling (work made him go - was really a tough assignment) so hopefully he will get some good pics for me to share next week.

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Oh how great is that. It so nice to have your friends near by.
Poor Mike, I wish he could find a job with better working conditions.
I know you are not anywhere nearly as old as me, but I glad I'm not the only one feeling a few new aches and pains. Take long hot bath and read a good book, sounds like you deserve some relax time.

Ladene said...

Belinda-
Ev. is walking me through how to leave a comment--so here goes. You guys still look so good. Glad all is well, except I believe Mike has a plush job (just kidding.)

Ladene said...

Belinda
We are practicing so just ignore.

Mike and Belinda said...

Way to go mom!!