Monday, January 12, 2009

NW Iowa Blizzard today!!

This is what it looks like out my window right now - The wind is blowing 30-40 mph and with an inch or two of fresh snow from last night it is blowing around like crazy. On Friday afternoon I was coming home from Marcie's house and hit a patch of ice and did a 180 on the road and ended up on the other side of the road - thankfully noone was coming. Today Marcus and Jamie both got out of school at 12:30 because of the weather. At 12:45 Marcus called me that he was in the ditch. He hit some ice and started fishtailing and took the ditch - everything is OK and he is not hurt and neither is the car. There was a bad accident a mile behind him on the Doon corner and many others were going into the ditch as well. Mike pulled him out with his pickup and followed him home and come in to tell him and I that we needed to stay home now and that he needed to go back to work. So we are home and it is quite nasty outside - so thankful he is not hurt and wasn't involved in the accident. Mike said that he was glad I told him Marcus was OK when I called because he followed all the emergency vehicles out of town when he was on his way to get him. Many things to be thankful for and we hope that noone else was seriously injured either. I do believe we are in for a long winter.

3 comments:

Kryna said...

Yikes! That is pretty bad, glad to hear you all are safe!

Ladene said...

According to everyone I talked to in Iowa--You guys are really in for it. So glad no one of the Altena family were hurt although you had some scary monents

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

That looks so bad. I don't envy you guys at all.