Saturday, August 29, 2009

Potatoes are good this year!

This has been the best year ever for Mike's potatoes - they are big and good and very plentiful. I asked him yesterday to go get me 5 lbs. so I could make some potato salad today - he only dug up one plant and I have more than enough - this picture is the biggest so far and he has only dug up about 1/3 of them so far. Each plant so far is producing at least 6-9 big potatoes and then many smaller ones. Well, now I better get busy making some potato salad - have a great weekend!!

Marcus' football team won 47-6 against South O'Brien last night - awesome game and Marcus played well - he is a little sore this morning but all is good - no pain - no gain ;)

2 comments:

Ladene said...

Whoa!!!! Now only if you had some warmer nights the tomatoes would do good also.

Boy is that Jamie changing in looks. 13 is sprouting her into a beautiful young lady.

Congratulations young man. Keep it up.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Funny how one year is better for one thing and the next for something else. Tators are always a good thing. Glad that Mike likes his garden, that is not my thing.
Love ya all. See you in Sept.