Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Texas Senior Serve

Mike is back home safely after spending a short week in Oak Island, TX - picking up and helping farmers fence after Hurricane Ike went through in Sept. Everyone down there said that this was the hardest working group to come through yet - that made us all very proud.
Mike is back safely but with not as much money in his pocket - he got his first speeding ticket in Texas - they were going through Dallas and he was following the other vehicle - Mike got pulled over for going 75mph in a 60 zone. According to Mike they do everything BIG in Texas and I believe him - his ticket is for $225.00 - WOW.
Reminder to all - while driving in Texas - DON'T SPEED!!! :)
All is good and glad that everyone is safe and back home - enjoy the beautiful spring weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RuthI recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://pianonotes.info

Ladene said...

Glad the gang is home again. Hope there were no more tickets. 225 is a little steep.

I'v e heard before ,around here that, no one works as good as the people who come from up north. Must be our dutch back ground.

Thanks for the pictures.